Wait a minit? Have I been lied at all my life already?
Okay okay, so if I had an alter-ego who is a Superhero “for real”, here is what she would do during her day:
1. Wake up and go swimming when the night is still upon her loved ones but she knows that the young day is coming. Every day. Everywhere.
Before, I would have said “running” but because of the weather in Singapore, the natural laziness of this particular Superhero (it’s an alter ego, eh), I expect that she’s better off having a daily swim the rooftop pool waters. Plus, did I mention that it’s like practicing flying – true story: gravity stuff and such. Follow me?
So she swims, then she goes back home and lovingly stares at her loved ones. Then she puts on music and starts dancing because it’s fun and it shakes away the potential rest of sleepiness. And it annoys her partner in non-crime. And that’s fun too. I assume that my Superhero has a little taste for controversy and can be sometimes cheeky.
Also, they all have breakfast together and once the others have left, she goes to put on her magical costume. And her cape. Very important. My Superhero can fly. Who wants a Superhero who cannot, seriously?
2. Patrol the place where she lives (depending on her mood and the day and the opportunity, the place can be the city, the few countries around, or the WORLD. Yep, absolutely) to find where she’s the most needed. And fly there to rescue people.
I believe that most of the time, she’s rescuing people from themselves.
You may not have already noticed it, but danger comes from within. It’s easy to blame and point fingers, to contemplate the details of what’s not working. And complain. And that’s okay, that’s human. That’s why we have Superheros and Antiheros. The latter are there to be blamed, and the former to rescue. Without judging. Although we finally all come to know: that danger comes from within.
Helping people to realize it, to step back a bit, to get a big picture and heal the system – that’s what my Superhero does most of the day.
3. Go home and watch series while cooking and checking new places to visit with her family.
At the end of the day, she needs some time for herself of course.
So she streams stuff, she reads news, she cooks a bit (not that she does not want, but Singapore has plenty of different foods to discover everyday and the whole family loves it. And she’s lazy too, remember?), she paints a lot.
She plans the next days, readjusting with what happened during the day.
4. Share with Superhero-partner and go for dinner. Foods and news and love often come together in her family. And stomachache too, when they go Indian. But that’s okay.
Also sometimes, she has a beer with Partner. Or a glass of wine – but that does not happen so often because it’s SO expensive here. And served in plastic glass, no kidding. I SWEAR. Last time, with some friends, I went to the Lantern, rooftop of Fullerton Hotel. And the wine was 25 SGD… served in a PLASTIC glass. Shocking.
Okay, not really her Superhero problem. Still. They would have deserved a red laser beam shot.
5. Read a book or listen to music in the bed.
After having had a swim with the little one and brought him to bed. He needs to practice flying too. It’s important.
No of words: 579 – 11 minutes
Free Writing CHALLENGE
Irene challenged me and I accepted.
The challenge is a incentive amongst bloggers to promote and stimulate free writing, helping each other out with a prompt. These are the rules:
Open an MS Word document (or Pages)
1. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
2. Your topic is at the foot of this post.
3. Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop.
4. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
And the nominees are…
Your topic is…
Hm… what about your first toddler memories. Or let’s say, what you believe to be your first memories.